● Proficient with computer programs Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Eudora, and Outlook.
● Experienced in printmaking processes; lithography, relief, etching, cyanotype/van dyke brown (photographic), monoprinting, and silkscreening.
●Studious, Creative, Punctual, Personable, Honest, Responsible, with excellent communication skills.
●Speaks Japanese and can carry on basic conversation.
Major: B.A. Fine Art-Printmaking Minor: Japanese
Marshall University, Huntington, WV (May 2008 graduate)
Proofreader (Dec. 2012 – present)
Ink Bandit/ Press Jockey/ Printer
D & J Blueline, Austin, TX (July 2011- Nov. 2012)
● Take and process print orders
● Troubleshoot pesky files
● Light design work (business cards, flyers, etc.)
● Quality control and color accuracy in fine art reproductions
SONY/ Crackle.com/Mesquite Productions, Los Angeles, CA (Sept. 2010)
● Created illustrations to be used in series “Backwash”
● Had +30 illustrations done within deadline
● Worked with client to get the look they wanted
T.A./ Studio Assistant
Helios Glass Studio, Austin, TX (March 2010-present)
● Prep, organize, and clean studio
● Help with classes and answer students’ questions
● Troubleshoot and work on new fusing techniques
Web Press Manager/ Jewelry Production/Designer
CRUMLEY NewYork, Austin, TX
● Unpaid internship with fashion/jewelry design firm. (Dec 19th 2008-March 18th 2009)
◦ Help in the production of jewelry lines
◦ Help design and troubleshoot jewelry line
◦ Update and post press releases
◦ Prep and format images in Photoshop for site
◦ Mail loans out to various magazines
◦ Hand-carved and stained wooden sign for studio
Downtown Austin Alliance, Austin, TX
● Unpaid internship on production of season 4 of “Downtown” on PBS.(Sept ’08-Dec ’08)
◦ Made season 4 contact sheet
◦ Sent invitations/made calls for promotional/educational events.
◦ Posted events on online community sites.
◦ Collated postcards to be sent out for promotion
◦ Organized street team to distribute fliers and postcards to local shops/vendors.
◦ Helped plan and decorate for premiere party for show.
◦ Recruited photographer for after party.
◦ Made silkscreens for after party and helped people silkscreen on shirts
◦ Got Salvation Army to sell us discounted 300 t-shirts for said silkscreening.
Art Dept./Production Assistant
Cat Solen Studios & Partisan Productions, Los Angeles, CA
● Unpaid internship on2 MTV P.S.A.s on global warming. (April-May 2007)
◦ Set Design & Setup
◦ Prop Design
◦ Puppet production
◦ Marionette stringing
● Paid College Credit Internship working on FUEL logo spot. (May 18-June 8 2007)
◦ Used silkscreen and linocuts to print onto frames for animation sequences
◦ Hand painted animation onto hundreds of frames
◦ Made model buildings and hand painted clay characters
◦ Made miniature sets of forests and cityscapes
Research Illustrator and Fossil Cataloguer
MURC & Paleoview3D.marshall.edu, Huntington, WV (May 2005-Dec. 2009)
● Draw representations of Eocene mammals
● Sketches based on research, bone structure, and similar present day animals.
● Illustrations used for teaching tools for classes, posters, websites, and other publications.
● Designed Paleoview 3D business card
● Designed image used on main Paleoview 3D webpage
● Sift thru matrix (dirt) for fossils to be catalogued
● Find and mount teeth/jaws using naked eye and/or microscope
● Molds are made of the teeth, which are scanned into a 3D program and then put on the website.
● File molds and real teeth away for safe storage
Jack Last, Ashland, KY (Dec. 2007)
● Made original, aesthetically pleasing designs to be printed on shirts
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
● Promise Scholarship
● Dept. of Art & Design Scholarship
● The National Scholars Society
● Marshall University Dean’s List (Fall ’03, Fall ’04, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
● Student Ambassador for Art Dept. Chair
● 1st and 3rd place Adv. Printmaking, 1st place Beg. Photography, 1st place Art Essay in Student Juried Show (2008)
● 1st place Adv. Printmaking and Best in Show in Student Juried Show (2007)
● Honorable Mention in Student Juried Show Art Essay Competition (2007)
● 1st place in Book Arts in Student Juried Show (2006)
● Helped organize and hang Salon des Refuses (2007)
● Contributed 4 prints to the A.I.G.A.
● Galla funded to attend Southern Graphics Council in Madison,WI (April 2006)
● 2007 SECAC Attendee
● 2006 & 2008 SGC Attendee